1.1. Prerequisites for the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Standard Edition
Accelerator boards requirements:
- Acquire a Reference Platform from Intel® , or a Custom Platform from an Intel® preferred board vendor.
For more information, refer to the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL FPGA Platforms page on the Intel® FPGA website.
Development system requirements:
- You must have administrator, root, or sudo privileges on the development system to install the necessary packages and drivers.
- The development system has at least 85 gigabytes (GB) of free disk space for software installation.
- The development system has at least 24 GB of RAM.
Tip: Refer to board vendor's documentation on the recommended system storage size.
- For PCI Express* ( PCIe* ) accelerator boards, the host machine motherboard must have an available PCIe* port slot that is at least the same width (that is, the same number of PCIe* lanes) as the board.
The host system must be running one of the following supported operating systems:
- For a list of supported Windows and Linux operating systems, refer to the Operating System Support page on the Intel® FPGA website.
Develop your host application using one of the following Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ - and Intel® Quartus® Prime software-compatible C compiler or software development environment:
- For Windows systems, use Microsoft Visual Studio Professional version 2010 or later.
- For Linux systems, use the C compiler included with the GCC.
Linux systems require the Perl command version 5 or later. Include the path to the Perl command in your PATH system environment variable setting.
For Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ packages that include Intel Code Builder, Intel Code Builder requires Java SE version 1.8.71 or later to run.
Did you find the information on this page useful?