1.7. Hardware Installation
- Power down computer #1 and plug the development board into the PCI Express slot. For an x1 or x4 operation, use a PCI Express lane converter.
- The development kits include integrated USB-BlasterTM circuitry for FPGA programming. However, for the host computer and development board to communicate, you must install the USB-Blaster on the host computer.
- Program the FPGA with the reference design using the Quartus II software on computer #2 and an Altera USB-Blaster cable (or other download cable) connection between computer #2 and the development board on computer #1.
- Connect one end of the USB cable the USB port on the development board.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the USB port on the computer running the Quartus II software on computer #2.
To download the USB-Blaster driver, go to the Altera support site at Cable and Adapter Drivers Information .
For installation instructions, go to USB-Blaster and USB-Blaster II Drivers for Windows 7 and Windows Vista .
Did you find the information on this page useful?