126.96.36.199. Creating a New Project from a Design Example
This technique can be especially helpful if you are new to FPGA design or EDA design tools. The design example can help you to quickly analyze a validated design on a board and appropriately configure it in various ways to match your users’ needs. Alternatively, you can start with an Empty Project for which you specify all settings and design files.
- Pre-installed design examples—you can immediately access the design examples that install along with the Intel® Quartus® Prime software installation at: <quartus>\acds\quartus\common\board_designs.
- Online design examples—you can access design examples hosted online, which includes designs from the Intel FPGA Design Store.
- Downloaded design examples—you can access your previously downloaded design examples, or any design example that you store in a local drive, under downloaded reference designs.
To create a new Intel® Quartus® Prime project that is based on a design example, follow these steps:
- the Intel® Quartus® Prime software, click File > New Project Wizard. Click Next to view the Family, Device & Board Settings wizard page.
- Under the Select the type of project to create, select Design Example and click Next. The Family, Device & Board Settings page appears, allowing you to find and select the design example from which to base your project.
Figure 4. Family, Device & Board Settings Page of New Project Wizard
- Under What is the working directory for this project?, specify the directory to store your project files and click Next.
- Under Find Options, select the Family, Development Kit, and Vendor design example you want to use. Refer to Family, Device & Board Settings.
Figure 5. Board Tab in New Project Wizard
The search results display the design examples that meet your search criteria.
- Select the design example that you want in the search results and click Next. If the design example is licensed by Intel FPGA, a Software License Agreement page appears that prompts you to accept the license agreement before you can proceed.
- Click Next to proceed to the Summary page.
- Click Finish to deploy the selected design example in the Intel® Quartus® Prime software. When a design example downloads, the design's .par downloads to the download path that you define in More Settings, but the design itself extracts to the project working directory that you specify.