220.127.116.11.3. Accessing Online Design Examples
You can create a new project based on a design example that you access from an online repository. To use this method, you may need to specify a proxy server for access and the download path.
To create a new project in the Intel Quartus Prime software based on online design examples, follow these steps:
- Click File > Open Example Project. The Design Example page of the New Project Wizard opens.
- For What is the working directory for this project?, specify the directory location to store your project files.
- Click the More Settings button. The Options dialog box opens with the Internet Connectivity tab open by default.
Figure 7. Intel Quartus Prime Software Internet Connectivity Settings
- If your internet connection requires a proxy server (using VPN), turn on the Access online design examples using a proxy server option, and then specify your proxy Address, Port, User name, and Password. If your internet connection does not require a proxy server, skip this step.
- On the Design Example Search Locations tab, specify the Download path for download of the design example .par file.
- Click OK.
- Under Find Options, specify the following settings. Also refer to Family, Device & Board Settings.
- In Load from, select Downloaded design examples.
- In Family, Intel Quartus Prime version, and Development kit fields select the values to match your target design and board.
- In the design example list, select the design that you want to deploy.
Figure 8. Online Intel Agilex® 7 - I/O PLL Reconfiguration Design
- Click Next, and then click Finish. The design extracts to the working directory and opens in the Intel® Quartus® Prime software.