Profile Creation, file only
Configuring Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) devices using this method requires the use of two utilities: ACUWizard.exe and ACUConfig.exe.
The first step is to create a profile with the ACUWizard and then push the profile to the client via the ACUConfig tool. The following is an example of a basic profile. (Advanced profiles are beyond the scope of this article.) See Figures 1-3 for examples of what options are available in the ACUWizard’s GUI.
- Create the profile by opening the ACUWizard, and then selecting Create Settings to configure Multiple Systems.
- In the AMT Configuration Utility: Profile Designer window, select the green plus sign New.
Figure 1. Example of green plus sign.
- In the Configuration Profile Wizard, select Next.
- In the Configuration Profile Wizard Optional Settings window, select Next.
- In the Configuration Profile Wizard System Settings window:
- Enter the RFB password if it is being used.
- Enter the password in the Use the following password for all systems data field:
- Select the Set button for Edit and FQDN.
- There will be no changes, but note the changes required if a device has a static OS IP address.
- Select Cancel.
- Select Next.
Figure 2. Example of available feature settings.
- In the Configuration Profile Wizard - "Finished" window:
- Enter the Profile Name you want to use.
- Encrypt the XML file by adding and confirming the password.
- Select Finish.
Figure 3. Profile naming and encryption example.
- In the Intel AMT Configuration Utility: Profile Designer window:
- Take note of the Profile Path shown on your screen. It should be something like <userName>\documents\SCS_Profile.
- Close ACUWizard.
*No product or component can be absolutely secure.
Parent topic: Intel® AMT Configuration Utility
Did you find the information on this page useful?