Performance analysis of I/O intensive workloads (such as applications based on the Storage Performance Development Kit (SPDK)) appears quite challenging, since system performance depends not only on how effectively the code is executed on CPU cores, but also on the interaction efficiency of CPU and I/O devices.
This session teaches you about:
- oC-level activities induced by PCIe traffic processing and possible pitfalls
- Best-known methods to achieve the best performance on Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors
- How to detect these performance issues using the input and output analysis of Intel® VTune™ Profiler, which reveals system topology, hardware resources utilization (PCIe*, Intel® Ultra Path Interconnect (Intel® UPI), and DRAM), and Intel® Data Direct I/O Technology (Intel® DDIO) traffic processing efficiency
- Effective Utilization of Intel® Data Direct I/O Technology
- PCIe Traffic in Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) Applications
- Input and Output Analysis in Intel® VTune™ Profiler
- Analyze Storage Performance Development Kit (SPDK) Applications
Software engineer, Intel Corporation
Ilia Kurakin is a software engineer working on Intel® VTune™ Profiler (formerly Intel® VTune™ Amplifier) since 2017 where she contributes to I/O performance analysis features. Ilia holds a master’s degree in physics from the University of Nizhni Novgorod.