Integrating KVM feature into a Management Console
- Verify the AMT KVM device settings
- Make the AMT KVM connection
AMT KVM Device Settings
Making the Connection
- The HTTPS option, as utilized by the open source project Mesh Commander, has a web server to make the connection to the client and displays the results within a web page.
- The VNC viewer option comes in many flavors; however they all make connection on ports 5900, 16992–16995. See the article on the KVM feature for more details on the ports.
- Local connection. Because Intel AMT only communicates on the local wired or wireless networks, any properly configured device on the local network with a KVM viewer application can make a direct connection.
- Remote connection. Because Intel AMT only communicates on the local wired or wireless networks, access from outside the network requires the use of an Intel AMT KVM Proxy.
Additional Resources and Source Code Locations within the Intel AMT SDK
- Intel AMT SDK example Integrated Viewer Application and source code location: \Windows\Intel_AMT\Samples\KVM\KVMCustomTransportSample
- Example source code: \Windows\Intel_AMT\Src\KVM\KVMProxy\
- Example source code: \Linux\Intel_AMT\Src\KVM\KVMProxy\
- Example source code for proxy connection library: kvmlib.dll