PCI Express (PCIe*) Avalon Memory Mapped (Avalon-MM) High-Performance Direct Memory Access (DMA) reference design highlights the performance of the hard implementation of PCIe MegaCore function. The reference design uses Avalon Memory Interface. The design consists of a DMA that transfers data between the Stratix® V GX FPGA's internal memory and system memory. This reference design includes a 32-bit and 64-bit Linux*-based driver, 32-bit and 64-bit Linux-based software application that sets up the DMA transfers. The software application can also measures and displays the performance achieved for the transfers.
- Demonstrate high performance (sustained bandwidth) using the hard intellectual property (IP) implementation of PCIe Gen3 x8 IP cores with an AVMM DMA
- Increase customer confidence with documented results of extensive benchmarking performed by Intel
- Benchmarking shows close-to-theoretical bandwidth achieved across lane configurations Gen3 x8 and platforms or chipsets
- Jump-start customer designs or performance evaluation
- Step-by-step walkthrough instructions, complete design files (including Quartus® II software archive), and Linux-based software application provided
Demonstrated Intel® Technology
- Stratix V GX FPGAs