There have been differences in implementations of the IEEE 802.3AD specification.
IEEE 802.3AD static: This implementation can be compared to Cisco FEC-capable and GEC capable switches that attain link aggregation through the PAgP protocol. If your switch has this implementation, use the SLA (Static Link Aggregation) team mode. To configure your switch using a CatOS Hybrid mode/Set based:
- Set channelprotocol PAgP.
- Set portchannel<mod/port> mode on ( mode is set to on because the channel is NOT negotiated between the team and the switch)
IEE 802.3AD dynamic: Link aggregation is attained through the complete implementation of the IEEE 802.3AD standard and uses the LACP protocol. To configure your switch:
- Set channelprotocol LACP (The channels are negotiated between the switch and the team).
- Set port-lacp channel <mod/port> <admin key> (The admin key is any number the user would like to use to identify the channel.)
- Set port-lacp channel <mod/port> mode active