Explains steps to update the firmware version using FUT.
The system is not seeing any drives, will only boot to BIOS.
The Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool provides the firmware update capabilities for the Intel® Optane™ Memory and Intel® Solid State Drives listed in Release Notes. The tool comes in the form of an ISO image and requires either a completely empty USB drive or a blank CD (with CD burning software and a read/writable CD-ROM drive). The tool works outside of the operating system on the platform, so there are no OS requirements.
Setting up the Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool
Follow these instructions to download the Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool (FUT) and create a USB bootable device:
- Download the Intel® SSD FUT from the Download Center.
- Review the Intel® SSD Firmware Release Notes document for a quick summary of the firmware changes for each product.
- Download the freeware Universal USB Installer.
- Install and run the Universal USB Installer.
- Select the Try Unlisted Linux* ISO (or any installer that you prefer).
- Browse to the location of the Intel® SSD FUT ISO and select it.
- Select the drive letter that corresponds to your blank USB Flash Drive.
- Click Create. This will start the process of creating a USB bootable device with the Intel® SSD FUT ISO.
Running the Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool
After creating the USB bootable device, make sure you have completed these setup procedures before running the Intel® SSD Firmware Update Tool:
- Back up the SSD content.
- Turn off the Drive Password Protection feature.
- Designate the USB Flash drive to boot first or prior to the OS drive.
- Fully charge the battery (for mobile computers).
- Plug in the power cable (for desktop computers).
Once the system boots from the USB Flash drive, the Intel® SSD FUT will be launched presenting the end-user software license. Press Enter to continue, and follow the instructions in the command prompt to perform the firmware update process.
Complete guide and further details are located in the Firmware Update Tool user guide PDF document, section 2.3, which is available on the Download Center page.