|Note||Intel® Performance Maximizer will be discontinued as of April 24, 2023. For an alternative overclocking experience explore Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.|
Intel® Performance Maximizer (Intel® PM) is an innovative, automated processor core overclocking tool. The tool makes it easy to dynamically and reliably custom-tune a processor based on its individual performance DNA.
Use this tool with Intel® Boxed Desktop Processors (unlocked).
Click or the question for details.
Benefits of using Intel® PM
The benefits of using Intel® Performance Maximizer:
- Free tool that can be downloaded from Intel Download Center: 9th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors and Intel® Core™ X-series Processors
- Automated and easy to use
- Personalized overclocking based on the individual performance potential of the processor
- Continuous monitoring for overclocking stability and ability to retest as needed over time
- Uses built-in tests that provide maximum processor core coverage
This tool is for end users including gamers and creators who want to get the most from their systems easily, but might not be comfortable with the more technically advanced methods of overclocking.
Comparison with free overclocking tools
Intel® Performance Maximizer is a special tool in that it offers personalized automated overclocking based on a processor’s individual performance DNA. Other overclocking tools may require manual end user tuning involving changing complex knobs, running third-party software to ensure stability and a very time-consuming trial and error process.
Supported Intel processors for Intel® PM
The supported (compatible) Intel® Core™ Processors (Desktop) are listed below:
- 11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors (Desktop) including: i9-11900KF, i9-11900K, i7-11700KF , i7-11700K, i5-11600KF, and i5-11600K.
- 10th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors (Desktop) including: i9-10900KF, i9-10900K, i7-10700KF , i7-10700K, i5-10600KF, and i5-10600K.
- 9th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors (Desktop) including: i9-9900K, i9-9900KF, i9-9900KS, i7-9700K, i7-9700KF, i5-9600K, and i5-9600KF
- Intel® Core™ X-series Processors (Desktop) including: i9-10980XE, i9-10940X, i9-10920X, and i9-10900X
You can identify your processor first and before installing the Intel® Performance Maximizer, otherwise you will get an error indicating product is not supported.
Supported operating systemsThe application supports Windows® 10, 64-bit RS5 (Version 1809).
Software and workloads used in performance tests may have been optimized for performance only on Intel microprocessors. Performance tests, such as SYSmark* and MobileMark*, are measured using specific computer systems, components, software, operations and functions. Any change to any of those factors may cause the results to vary. You should consult other information and performance tests to assist you in fully evaluating your contemplated purchases, including the performance of that product when combined with other products. For more complete information visit www.intel.com/benchmarks.
Intel technologies' features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. Performance varies depending on system configuration. No product or component can be absolutely secure. Check with your system manufacturer or retailer or learn more at intel.com.
Altering clock frequency or voltage may damage or reduce the useful life of the processor and other system components, and may reduce system stability and performance. Product warranties may not apply if the processor is operated beyond its specifications. Check with the manufacturers of system and components for additional details.