There are different options on how to get the name and the number of the Intel® Processors.Option 1: Operating System
- Press on the Windows key on your keyboard and start typing System, choose System Information which will show Processor information with the name, number, and speed of the processor.
- If the Windows key is not available on your keyboard, using your mouse, go to the Windows icon located on the bottom-left corner of your screen, right-click, and choose System. Look up the processor's name and number in the Processor information.
The examples below show the case when choosing System Information and System.
Option 2: Packaging Box
If you bought an Intel® Boxed Processor, the information about the number of the processor along with other information like the batch number (FPO) and the serial number (ATPO) are listed on the packaging box.
Option 3: Markings on the Processors
The name and number of the Intel® Processor is listed on the top of the processor. See the example below.
Watch this video to see how to identify your Intel® Processor name and number.
Identify the Generation for your Intel® Core™ Processors
You can also identify the generation of the processor if your processor is Intel® Core™. The generation of the processor is the first number after i7, i5, or i3.Here are some examples:
- Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8650U Processor is 8th generation because the number 8 is listed after i7.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i5-8600 Processor is 8th generation because the number 8 is listed after i5.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i7-7920HQ Processor is 7th generation because the number 7 is listed after i7.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i3-7350K Processor is 7th generation because the number 7 is listed after i3.
- Intel® Core™ Processor i5-6400T Processor is 6th generation because the number 6 is listed after i5.
|Note||If you need more information about any Intel® processor, use the Product Specification Page (ARK) and enter the processor number in the search box.|
|How to Identify Intel® Processor Generation|
|How to Identify the Code Name for Intel® Processor|
|No Linux Version Available for Intel® Processor Identification Utility|
|How to Identify Your Intel Socket|
|Processor Installation Center|