Steps to resolve the error message "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" when using an application or playing a game.
Error message DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-HUNG shows up on game Prepar3D version 4.
This has a number of possible causes, see the suggestions below:
- One of the most common reasons for this error is that the graphics drivers requires an update. Make sure you have the latest version using the instructions in How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11*.
- Unstable overclocking in graphics card, processor, or memory: in this case, set up your voltage and speed according to system specifications.
- Error in monitor frequency synchronization: to fix this, block the game or application at 60 FPS, activate "Full window and No frames" option, instead of allowing the application to control the screen.
- If the previous three options do not resolve the issue, it is possible the memory is failing. In that case, you can test the memory with third-party tools like MemTest or others, to determine if the memory is the issue.
- If all four previous options do not resolve the issue, try uninstalling and re-installing the game or application.