|Note||We supply generic versions of graphics drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the graphics driver software or software packaging. To avoid potential installation incompatibilities, we recommend that you check first with your computer manufacturer and use the driver software provided by them. |
Make sure you've successfully Identified the Intel® Graphics Controller that is available on your computer.
For step-by-step instructions on how to troubleshoot issues with your graphics drivers, try our Troubleshooting Wizard for Intel® Graphics Drivers.
Option one: Automatically Detect and Install your Driver
Identify and install the correct graphics driver version on your computer using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.
Option two: Manual Installation
Click or select your operating system for a video demonstration of manual installation steps.
To manually install your Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows* 8/8.1:
- Download the graphics driver from Download Center or from your computer manufacturer.
- If the file driver was contained in a zip file, unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
- Open Device Manager:
- For Windows 8 and Windows 8.1: Press Windows + X keys together
- For Windows 10: Right-click Windows Start icon
- Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
If a Intel® Graphics Driver wasn't installed, the graphics entry may be Microsoft Basic Display Adapter*.
Some Intel Graphics products are not compatible with Windows 10. For more information, refer to Supported Operating Systems for Intel® Graphics Products.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click Have Disk.
- Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are located. (See 1:20 mark in the videos above for an example.)
- Click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
- Restart your computer.
If any issues occur while following these instructions, contact Intel® Support by clicking the link located on the blue banner at the bottom of this page.
To verify your driver installation was successful:
- Double-click the installed Display Adapter.
- Click the Driver tab.
- Verify the Driver Version and Driver Date are correct.
|How to Manually Install a Graphics Driver in Windows 7*|
|Frequently Asked Questions about Intel® Graphics Drivers|
|How to Get the .zip Version of the Graphics Driver|
|Computer Manufacturer Graphics Driver Detected|