Steps to rebuild the volume
- Unable to see the options to rebuild the volume either in the BIOS or Matrix Storage Console.
- In the BIOS, the volume is degraded, and the new disk is an offline member.
- Only options are to create, delete, or reset. Tried resetting the new disk.
- The Matrix console shows a missing disk on the RAID volume and the available non-RAID disk but no option to rebuild.
- Boot into the controller BIOS.
- Reset the disk.
- Hit the spacebar and get a little green arrow next to the drive.
- Confirm after clicking enter.
- The drive will immediately turn from red to green. You will get the option to select the drive and rebuild.
Also refer to the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) user guide for more details on the rebuild.