How to fix Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) when receiving errors DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when booting into Windows*
I am getting Blue Screen Errors DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when booting into Windows* on an Intel® Compute Stick.
BSOD errors may be caused by:
- Corrupted system files.
- Incompatible drivers.
- Incompatible peripheral hardware.
- Incorrect software installation.
The following steps should be performed:
- If there were any recent software or hardware changes, undo them.
- Repair Windows.
- Boot in safe mode and check for faulty drivers in Device Manager.
- Scan and repair system files.
- Update the BIOS to the latest version available.
- The latest BIOS versions for Intel® Compute Sticks can be found on the Download Center. Pick OS Independent from drop-down menu to filter search.
- Perform a BIOS recovery.