An error message is displayed saying "This installation package is not supported by this processor type" when installing Intel® HD Graphics drivers on Windows® 10 (64 bit 1909)
Issue is encountered with both OEM drivers and Intel Drivers
How to fix it:
This error appears because the operating system (OS) and its build number is outdated. Newer versions of the driver require newer Windows 10® OS builds.
Follow these steps:
- Update Windows® 10 OS.
- Select Update Now to update the Windows system to the latest version 1909
- Install the HD/UHD Graphics driver from downloadcenter.intel.com for respective processor
Here are some extra steps you can follow if the issue persists:
- Download the latest DCH driver and save it on the computer.
- Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update.
- Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Restart the computer.
- Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4.
- If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager:
- Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'
- In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked.
- Click on 'Uninstall'.
- Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1.1 through 6.1.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter')
- Install the DCH driver that was downloaded on step 1.
- Restart the computer.
- Reconnect to the Internet.
Go to the BIOS and check if the Integrated Graphics is enabled. Sometimes after the Windows update it switches the settings of either "Off" or "Auto".
Cause & More Information:
The Graphics driver are designed to work with Windows® 10 latest build
Introduction of Windows DCH Drivers for Intel Products
THE INFORMATION IN THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN USED BY OUR CUSTOMERS BUT NOT TESTED, FULLY REPLICATED, OR VALIDATED BY INTEL. INDIVIDUAL RESULTS MAY VARY. ALL POSTINGS AND USE OF THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE ARE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE SITE.