Update your operating systems to fix the installation error message.
An error message is displayed saying This installation package is not supported by this processor type when installing Intel® Graphics drivers on Windows® 10.
This error appears because the operating system (OS) is outdated. Newer versions of the driver require newer Windows 10 OS builds.
Follow these steps:
- Update Windows
- Select Check for Windows Updates to update the Windows 10 or 11 OS to the latest version.
- Install the latest Intel Graphics driver for Windows 10 from the Intel Download Center for your processor. For more information, see How to Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 & Windows 11*.
If the issue persists:
- Open the Device Manager by right-clicking the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Identify the Intel Graphics device among the options listed.
- Download the latest Intel Graphics driver for Windows 10 and save the .exe file on your system.
- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.
- Go back to the Intel Graphics entry in the Device Manager.
- Right-click on Intel Graphics and click Uninstall.
- In the device removal dialog box, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
- Restart the computer after the uninstallation is complete.
- Open the Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters section again.
- If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in Device Manager should now be listed as Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, Standard VGA Graphics Adapter or similar. If not, repeat steps 7 through 10.
- Reboot the computer when prompted.
- Check if integrated Graphics is enabled in the system BIOS.
- Install the Intel Graphics Driver again after removing the external graphics card that has already been installed.