Steps to re-enable Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) to scan correctly when resulting in a error message "Sorry, Something Went Wrong While Trying to Scan" or is stuck in an endless scan behavior
When initating an Intel® DSA scan, the result is an error message stating: Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan or results in an endless scan action, follow the suggestions below.
If the scan results in a message of: No Supported Driver available , this means aren't any Intel driver or Intel software versions available for your system.
Recommended Method - Check Intel® DSA service
- Ensure both the Intel® DSA Service and Intel® DSA Updater service show status of Running.
- In Windows* Search, type Services and scroll to find Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.
- Confirm the Status shows Running; if it isn't Running, then start the service if necessary by right-clicking and choosing Start.
- Check to see if any Windows* updates are pending.
- Restart the system.
These are additional steps that can be taken if the Intel® DSA scan still isn't working correctly.
- Clear the browser cache and close the browser.
- Try rescanning Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), ensuring browser being used is Firefox, Chrome, or Edge Legacy.
- Try disabling your Ad Blocking extensions and privacy related extension on the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) webpage.
If this doesn't result in the Intel® DSA scan working correctly, try the following:
- Uninstall the existing Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) tool in the system using the Uninstaller tool.
- Download and install the latest Intel® DSA version
When Intel® DSA cannot detect your device, it's due to the following reasons:
This application is supported on Microsoft Windows 7*, Windows 8*, Windows 8.1*, Windows® 10, and Windows 11* using Chrome*, Firefox*, or Edge* Legacy (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer). Find out how to check your version of Edge. Internet Explorer* is not a supported browser for Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) anymore due to security enhancements made to the app.
If you're using OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) devices such as laptops and tablets, contact the system manufacturer for any customized drivers. Intel® DSA only offers generic Intel® drivers.