What are you seeing?
- Your Samsung 6000* series television doesn't display video when connected to your Intel® NUC.
- Some surround sound formats don't work when using your Intel NUC with an AV (Audio/Video) receiver.
- A head-mounted display doesn’t wake up from sleep (S3) when using Windows* Mixed Reality.
- Flickering display when using an HDMI-to-DVI adapter.
- A blurry or distorted display.
- Surround sound not playing or not playing correctly on HDMI 2.1 devices
Why are you seeing it?
One reason you could be having these issues is due to old HDMI firmware for the DisplayPort to HDMI 2.X Level Shifter/Protocol Converter (LS-PCON) on your Intel NUC.
How to fix it
Update the HDMI firmware. If your Intel NUC isn't on this list, either it doesn't use LS-PCON or there isn't currently an HDMI firmware update available.
|Intel® NUC Model||HDMI Firmware Version/ Download Link|
|NUC10i3FN, NUC10i5FN, NUC10i7FN||Version 18.104.22.168.7|
|NUC8i3BE, NUC8i5BE, NUC8i7BE||Version 22.214.171.124.4|
|NUC7i3DN, NUC7i5DN, NUC7i7DN||Version 126.96.36.199|
|NUC7i3BNH, NUC7i5BN, NUC7i7BN||Version 1.77.93|
If you get a blank screen for longer than two or three minutes during the update, leave the HDMI device connected, connect another display to the other display output, and run the update again.
|Troubleshooting Flickering Displays on Intel® NUC|