RAID 1 (Mirror) volumes can be deleted without losing data if the RAID 1 volume is:
- The only volume on the drives
- The first volume in a matrix RAID configuration
How to delete a RAID 1 volume?
Delete in this case means to separate the disks so that the operating system can detect them as individual drives.
- In the OS
- Open the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application.
- Under Manage click the volume that is needed to be deleted.
- Click Delete.
- Review the Warning message and click Yes to delete the volume.
- In the BIOS
- Enter the BIOS (Typically done by pressing F2 or Delete keys).
- Locate the Intel Rapid Storage Technology menu
- Click RAID Volumes.
- Highlight the volume to be deleted.
- Press Enter.
- Select Delete and press Enter.
How do I access the data after I delete a RAID 1 volume?
After you delete a RAID 1 volume or reset the drive members of the RAID 1 volume to non-RAID, you can access your data with one of the following options:
- If the RAID 1 volume has an operating system, boot to either of the drives.
- If the RAID 1 volume does not have an operating system, access your files on either of the drives from Windows*.
|User Guide for Intel® Rapid Storage Technology with Intel® Optane™ Memory|