Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) is a simple Windows* performance tuning application for novice and experienced enthusiasts to overclock, monitor, and stress a system. The software interface has a set of strong capabilities, common in most enthusiast platforms. This interface also has special features available on new Intel® processors and motherboards.
Download the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility.
Click or the question for details:
How do I know if my processor is supported by Intel® XTU?
How can I get Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to launch?Press on the Windows key on your keyboard and start typing Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility under Apps.
Is there any help document on how to use the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility?
When you launch the Intel® XTU, click the Help tab located in the upper-right corner of the application to view the help document on how to use this utility.
Why do I not see any controls when I launch the software?Once installation is complete, make sure the system is rebooted. If the issue still occurs, check the Device Manager for the following drivers:
- Iocbios2 installed under Hidden devices
- ACPI BIOS Control Driver under System devices
Why am I missing tuning controls on my system?Intel Extreme Tuning Utility displays various controls and provides access to features based on the system's motherboard and processor configurations. Not all processors provide real-time support for all controls. Motherboard manufacturers can restrict access to various controls that prevent the user from overclocking those settings.
How do I completely uninstall Intel Extreme Tuning Utility?
Follow the instructions here to uninstall the Intel® XTU.
Why doesn’t Intel® XTU start up after I installed it in my system?
- Intel® XTU only supports unlocked processors. These are K SKUs or Core-X processors. Installing Intel® XTU on a locked processor system may encounter unexpected issues.
- If this is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) system, please check OEM BIOS settings, as some OEMs are using their own overclocking tools and may have compatibility issue with Intel® XTU.
- Always remove old versions of Intel® XTU and delete all Intel® XTU folders before upgrade to latest Intel® XTU version. Make sure the OS version is supported by latest Intel® XTU.
I have Intel Extreme tuning utility installed in my laptop but why I am unable to overclock the processor?
Some versions of Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility can be installed in laptops and these versions will not work for overclocking purpose. This is because overclocking with Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility work for processors with K or X number only.
When the tool is installed in your laptop with unsupported processor, the user can view system information parameters such as processor information and motherboard and BIOS info. However, using the tool to change parameters in your laptop such as core voltage can result in inconclusive and unreliable behavior due to unsupported processor.