|See the Supported Operating Systems for Intel® NUC Products for a list of Windows* versions supported by your Intel® NUC.
Prepare to install
- Review the model-specific table below for any special information that applies to your Intel NUC model.
- Install necessary hardware components in the Intel NUC (memory and drive, purchased separately).
- Use another computer connected to the Internet to download the latest wired or wireless network driver for your Intel NUC (just search for the NUC model at the link). Save it to a USB portable device.
- Get your Windows image ready (purchased separately) on a USB portable device. If Windows, tools to create USB bootable drives can be found at the below links:
Click or the topic for details:
See the table for special information you should know before you begin installing the operating system. If your Intel NUC model isn't listed in this table, there are no additional special instructions and you can proceed directly to the installation steps.
|Intel® NUC Kit Model
If you plan to install both a hard drive and Intel® Optane™ Memory
|Models that have only USB 3.0 ports:
- Plug in the device with the Windows installation image (USB port or USB optical drive, if the Windows image is on a CD/DVD).
- Power on the Intel NUC.
- At the prompt during boot, press F10 to open the boot menu and select the installation drive.
- Follow all setup instructions during Windows installation. If installing Windows 11 see Unable to Install Windows 11*, as it Requires an Internet Connection During Setup
After installation is complete
- After Windows Setup is complete, install the wired or wireless network driver you downloaded in Prepare to install - Step 3.
- Connect to the Internet.
- Install Windows updates (optional).
- Download and install the rest of the Intel NUC drivers from Download Center (just search for the NUC model at the link) or utilize the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.
OS troubleshooting resources
|Supported operating systems
|How to install Windows* from a USB device