There is growing concern about how counterfeit electronic parts might cause safety hazards or failure of business critical applications. Current supply chain practices start with trusting the source, but processes are limited for screening out counterfeit components, particularly for products containing many subsystems. In fact, companies often purchase IT equipment without knowing counterfeit IT equipment is infiltrating their data centers.
Securing Your Business Throughout the Supply Chain
Intel is leading the industry standard for managing risk end-to-end in the supply chain with the Intel Transparent Supply Chain – a set of policies and procedures implemented at ODM factories that enable end-users to validate where and when every component of a platform was manufactured.
The comprehensive service enables visibility and traceability of hardware components, firmware, and systems on select Intel® Core™ and Xeon® platforms to authorized sources.
- Digitally signed statement of conformance for every platform attesting to authenticity of platform
- Platform certificates linked to discrete Trusted Platform Module (TPM) providing system level traceability
- Component level traceability via Direct Platform Data File containing all L9 integrated components including processor, storage, memory, and add-in cards
- Auto Verify tool compares the “snapshot” of the direct platform data taken during manufacturing with a “snapshot” of the platform components taken at first boot
- Firmware load verification
- Conforms to DFARS 246.870-2
Increased Security and Accountability
Intel Transparent Supply Chain helps assure resellers and end-customers that their products come with a level of accountability and traceability unprecedented in the industry. The end result is a more secure supply chain for the industry.
System and Component level traceability linked to TPM on platform.
Platform certificates provide digital proof of product origin.
Customers can now inject a higher level of proof compared to the current standard.
Increased integrity and authenticity of the supply chain.
Download Statement of Conformance and Platform Certificate
Verify that your server is authentic. Simply enter the serial number of the server board, to get the statement of conformance and if applicable, the platform certificate.