Deploy new levels of performance, connectivity, and accelerated AI with 4th Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors for IoT. Use up to 52 cores1 to deliver fast performance and benefit from breakthrough memory and I/O capabilities with PCIe 5.0, DDR5 memory and Compute Express Link (CXL) 1.1. Drive powerful AI with a new acceleration engine under the Intel® Deep Learning Boost (Intel® DL Boost) framework called Intel® Advanced Matrix Extensions (Intel® AMX). Address complex edge-server workloads, including video analytics, medical imaging, and industrial machine vision, with greater efficiency, long-life availability,2 and high-reliability/ long-use-life SKUs3 that help maximize the value from technology investments.
Accelerate Advanced Workloads with a New AI Engine
Design and deploy AI projects faster with more-efficient and optimized training and inference. Intel AMX brings extensive hardware and software optimizations, with support for INT8 and BF16 data types, to enable fast and efficient AI and deep learning for IoT applications in video analytics, industrial machine vision, and visual data edge servers.
DDR5-Driven Multitasking and Boosted Data Mobility
Ramp up memory capacity and speed with up to eight channels of DDR5 and up to 16 DIMMs per socket and support for 3rd Gen Intel® Optane™ persistent memory. This platform supports up to 4800 MT/s at one DIMM per channel (DPC) or 4400 MT/s at two DPC. The introduction of hardware-enabled Intel® Data Streaming Accelerator improves data mobility between compute, storage, and networking layers, while PCIe 5.0–enabled Compute Express Link (CXL) 1.1 helps ensure coherent interconnects between CPUs and accelerators working on the same data.
Robust Platform Hardening
Help reduce attack surfaces while strengthening protections for memory and firmware. The 4th Gen platform integrates many of the key technologies that solution providers depend on to help protect customer IP and data from unauthorized access.
- Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX) helps protect data in flight by isolating workloads within memory enclaves, which can be effective against privileged malware attacks.
- Intel® Total Memory Encryption (Intel® TME) helps secure total system memory, including user credentials and encryption keys, which helps defend against DIMM removal attacks.
- Intel® Platform Firmware Resilience (Intel® PFR) monitors system bus traffic, verifies platform integrity, and restores corrupted firmware.
More Flexibility and Manageability with High VM Density
Drive workload consolidation with more-powerful and effective tools. This platform provides a host of capabilities to streamline resource management in highly virtualized environments, enabling high numbers of VMs on consolidated servers.
- Intel® Resource Director Technology (Intel® RDT) provides more visibility into shared resources such as last-level cache to help reduce resource contention between applications and VMs.
- Intel® Speed Select Technology (Intel® SST) supports platform tuning with multiple configurations per server and the ability to allocate different CPU frequencies to specific workloads, raising or lowering overall TDP.
- Intel® Scalable I/O Virtualization (Intel® Scalable IOV) enables scalable sharing of I/O devices across more VMs and containers.
Connect More Devices with 80 Lanes of PCIe 5.0
Get expandability to support more devices, add-in cards, and accelerators for flexible solution customization. The PCIe 5.0–ready 4th Gen platform supports future I/O needs with industry-leading bandwidth, featuring up to 80 lanes of PCIe 5.0 on the CPU and up to three Intel® Ultra Path Interconnect (Intel® UPI) 2.0 links of up to 16 GT/s. The PCH provides an additional 20 lanes of PCIe 3.0 for 100 lanes total.
Long-Life Availability with Long-Use-Life SKUs
Customers in multiple industries, including healthcare, the public sector, and manufacturing, depend on a steady supply of inventory, oftentimes for equipment that needs to operate always-on for many years. IoT SKUs of the 4th Gen Intel Xeon Scalable platform provide long-life manufacturing availability to help customers extend the life of their systems and ensure replacements throughout the equipment life cycle.2 Select SKUs also support high-reliability, long-life use of up to 10 years, up to 100 percent active (no turbo),3 with support for extended-use temperatures.