Circuits and Switches: Student Handout
The following handouts can be used with this unit to enhance learning. Each handout is briefly described below. To see the actual handout, click the link "handout."
This handout helps students:
- Understand our dependence on electricity
- Differentiate between alternating current (AC) and direct current (DC)
- Compare how electric current and water are delivered to our homes
This handout explains in text and diagrams how transistors work.
Fun With Circuits
This handout gives instructions on how to build a lightbulb circuit with:
- Aluminum foil
- Masking tape
- Flashlight-type lightbulb or LED
- 9-volt battery or C-cell batteries