This download record contains the BIOS and firmware update package for the Intel® Server Board D40AMP Family for UEFI (R01.02.0006)
- OS Independent
- Size: 27.3 MB
- SHA1: 536D19256A0F892029373AAAFE0CE9FBBF165FA6
This download record contains the BIOS and firmware update package for the Intel® Server Board D40AMP Family and appropriate Intel® Server System D40AMP Family —for use with Intel's technology-embedded Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) shell.
uEFI System Update Package (SUP) Installation and Operation Instructions
Released - Feb.7 2023
This update package includes the following production level system software and update utilities:
System BIOS - 01.02.0007
ME Firmware - 04.04.04.202
BMC Firmware - 2.90.e5e4d391
FRUSDR - 0.43
Pmem - 184.108.40.2063
CPLD - v2P1
sysfwupdt.efi - Version 16.0.7
Intel(R) Server D40AMP Family
- Starting from BIOS version R01.01.0007, PCH Security Version Number (SVN) has been updated to 02. To update the BIOS firmware, the "-recovery" parameter is required for the sysfwupdt.efi command (sysfwupdt.efi -u xxx.bin -recovery) when updating from any previous BIOS version. The startup.nsh scrip included in this package has this parameter added.
- After completing BIOS firmware update, user must execute this IPMI command:
ipmitool -I lanplus -H x.x.x.x -U YYY -P ZZZ -C 17 -b 6 -t 0x2c raw 0x2e 0xdf 0x57 0x01 0x00 0x02
-H x.x.x.x represents the IP address of the Ethernet port dedicated to the server management
-U YYY represents the user name for the BMC administartive account
-P ZZZ represents the password for the BMC administartive account
A system reboot is required for the changes to take effect.
- All updates provided in this package are installed using the embedded uEFI operating environment only.
- Do not modify any of the script files. The scripts as written will provide the most reliable update experience.
- If for any reason the System BIOS, BMC Firmware, or FRU&SDR data need to be re-installed
after the initial update has been performed, the package does include standalone script files that can be run individually.
These files include:
UpdBIOS_AMP.nsh, UpdD40AMP.nsh, AMP_CPLD_update_script.nsh, ampFwUpdateBMC.nsh, UpdatePmemFW.nsh.
Do NOT use these files until after the system has been updated initially using the startup.nsh file.
System software requirements
To update the system software stack to the versions included in this update package, the system software stack currently installed on the target server system MUST meet the following, or else the update may fail:
- System BIOS - 01.02.0006
- ME Firmware - 04.04.04.056
- BMC Firmware - 2.87.3ccd0377
- FRUSDR - 0.20
- CPLD - v1p7
- Pmem - 220.127.116.113
Important information for the update procedure
Due to the new structure of FW using PFR, the update process takes longer then on previous generation of Intel server systems. The first time the server is rebooted
after BMC/FRUSDR/DCPMM/CPLD/BIOS FW has been updated, it will take around 12 minutes to conclude the update process. During that period the screen will be off and
blue ID LED will be solid on while system status LED will blink green/yellow. Once the process is fuly completed the ID LED will be off and system will turn on again.
This is an expected behavior and will only present on the first reboot after FW update.
Intel highly recommends reading the Readme and Update Instructions.txt in its entirety before performing the system update. Verifying that your system meets the documented requirements will ensure a successful update and provide the most reliable system functionality after the update has completed.