This download record contains the BIOS and firmware update package for the Intel® Server Board S2600ST Family for UEFI. (00.01.0015), read firmware dependencies in requirements section
- OS Independent
- Size: 28.1 MB
- SHA1: A198CEDC63C72BB4B861F23C9A518DDD4AFC212D
System firmware requirements
To update the system firmware stack to the versions included in this update package, the currently loaded system firmware stack on the system must meet the following:
System BIOS: 00.01.0013 or later
ME Firmware: 04.00.04.294 or later
BMC Firmware: 1.43 or later
FRUSDR: 1.28 or later
Failure to get to the required firmware stack, may cause unexpected results.
If the system doesn't currently meet the above system firmware requirements, you must download a previously posted System Update Package (SUP) and update the system to the preceding described firmware revisions before updating the system to the firmware stack included in this package.
Important: BIOS 00.01.2001 is an earlier version than 00.01.0004. If you have this version, update to 00.01.0004 first, and then follow the appropriate path to get to this release.
This update package includes the following production-level system firmware updates:
System BIOS: 00.01.0015
ME Firmware: 04.00.04.340
BMC Firmware: 1.74.ee39402a
Firmware update tools
Intel® Server Board S2600ST Family
Downgrading BMC below 1.43.660a4315 isn't supported due to a security revision change.
Warning: This release has the BMC PCIe* bridge disabled. This will cause the majority of operating systems to fail at boot as they stall during video driver initialization.
Steps to recover a failing operating system
Linux* variants (one of the below):
- Ensure that the modprobe.blacklist=ast parameter is set in your boot loader (grub).
- Ensure that you're using a kernel version v4.10 or newer.
For Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* v7.3, refer to the included RHEL73_InstallationGuide_Rev1.00.pdf. For SUSE* Linux* Enterprise Server v12 SP1 or SP2, refer to the included SLES12_InstallationGuide_Rev1.00.pdf.
Boot to safe mode, load aspeed video driver v1.03 or greater, and reboot. For Windows* Server 2016, refer to the included WinSrv16_InstallationGuide_Rev1.00.pdf.
Don't modify any of the script files. The scripts as written will provide the most reliable update experience.
To run these updates, you must boot the system to the embedded uEFI shell.
If for any reason the System BIOS, BMC Firmware, or FRUSDR data need to be re-installed after the initial update has been performed, the package does include standalone script files that can be run individually. These files are: updbios.nsh, UpdMe.nsh, updfd.nsh, fwUpdateBMC.nsh, and updS2600WF.nsh.
We recommend to use these files after the system has been updated initially using the Startup.nsh file.
When booting the system for the first time after a firmware update is complete, it may automatically reboot several times. This is an expected behavior.
General installation procedure
1. Unzip the contents of the update package and copy all files to the root directory of a removable media (USB flash drive).
2. Insert the USB flash drive to any available USB port on the system to be updated.
3. Power on the server and load the uEFI shell.
4. Begin the update process running the Startup.nsh.
5. Reboot the system after the update process has successfully completed.
Whenever the system BIOS is updated, two BIOS images are installed: a primary image and a backup image. The backup image is loaded during the first system reboot after the primary BIOS image is updated. During the first system reboot, the screen will be black for approximately 2 minutes while the backup BIOS image is being loaded. Don't power off or reboot the system during this time. A message will appear on the screen when the backup BIOS image update has completed.
- After the final update has completed successfully, reboot the system.
- During POST, hit the Key when prompted to access the BIOS Setup Utility.
- From the BIOS Setup Utility main menu, hit the key to load BIOS defaults.
- Hit the key to Save Changes and Exit the BIOS defaults.
- At the main menu, verify that the BIOS revision is correct.
- Move the cursor to the SERVER MANAGEMENT menu and hit Enter.
- Move the cursor to the SYSTEM INFORMATION Option and hit Enter.
- Verify that the BMC Firmware revision is correct.
- Verify that the SDR revision is correct.
- Verify that the ME Firmware revision is correct.
- Configure desired BIOS Option settings.
- Hit the F10 Key to Save Changes and Exit.
The System Software Update is Complete.
Don't interrupt or reboot or remove power from your system during the update process. Doing so may render your system inoperable.
Don't attempt to downgrade the system software after it's loaded on the system. Doing so may render your system inoperable.
Refer to the respective Release Notes files for a complete list of known issues, workarounds, and detailed requirements:
- BIOS: ReleaseNotes_R####.txt
- BMC: ReleaseNotes_BMC_####.txt
- FRUSDR: ReleaseNotes_FRUSDR_####.txt
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.