NVM Update Utility for Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710 & X710 Series.
- OS Independent
- Size: 47.4 MB
- SHA1: A516CAE3AF7695DE3C91F61B73E70EE422BAEF84
This package contains all the required files to update the NVM on the Intel® Ethernet Adapters in your system. It contains the NVMUpdate utility, configuration file, updated NVM binaries, and required driver files.
Not sure if this is the right driver or software for your component? Run Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to automatically detect driver or software updates.
Limitations and Prerequisites
This package should only be used on Intel branded adapters. Please contact your OEM vendor for an appropriate package.
This package only updates the NVM image. It does not update the preboot image. To update your preboot image, please download the appropriate package.
- Power down your system during the NVM Update.
- Remove the NIC before the NVM Update completes.
- Interrupt the NVM Update in any other way.
Doing so may make your device unusable.
The base driver for your NIC must already be installed.
Create a bootable disk or other media and extract the update package onto the media.
Boot your system from the media and run the tool from there.
Updating Your NVM Using Interactive Mode
1. Extract the update package into a temporary folder.
2. Start the nvmupdate utility by running the executable.
For example, on an x64 Microsoft* Windows* system, type:
On an x64 Linux* system, type:
3. Follow the prompts to update the NVM image on the desired device.
Using a Script
You can use a script to perform an inventory of all the Intel Ethernet devices in the system or update the Intel Ethernet devices in the system.
Update script example:
nvmupdate64e –u –l –o update.xml –b –c nvmupdate.cfg
This causes NVMUpdate to check the installed Intel Ethernet devices against those contained in nvmupdate.cfg. If a device contains an NVM version older than that specified in the config file, the utility will update the device's NVM. It
will create an xml file containing the results of the update. Note that –b is optional. Specifying –b will create a backup of the current NVM image(s). This may add about 30% to the tools execution time.
Inventory script example:
nvmupdate64e –i –l –o inventory.xml
This causes NVMUpdate to perform an inventory of all the Intel Ethernet devices in the system and creates an output file (called inventory.xml) of the results of the inventory.
NVMUpdate will return an exit code of zero if the update completed successfully.
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
- Intel® Ethernet Controller X710-AM2
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710-AM2
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-DA2
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA1
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X710-DA4
- Intel® Ethernet Converged Network Adapter XL710-QDA2
- Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710-AM1
The content on this page is a combination of human and computer translation of the original, English-language content. This content is provided for your convenience and for general information only and should not be relied upon as complete or accurate. If there is any contradiction between the English-language version of this page and the translation, the English-language version will govern and control. View the English-language version of this page.