1.1.6. Non-Altera Device Transmitter to Stratix V PCML Receiver
DC-coupling between a non-Altera transmitter to a Stratix V PCML receiver is supported if all the following conditions are satisfied:
- Trace length is less than or equal to 3 inches
- Channel loss is less than 4 dB
- Data rate is less than or equal to 10.3125 Gbps
- Application does not use backplanes or optical connectors
You must maintain the non-Altera transmitter common mode voltage within +/- 100 mV of the Altera Stratix V receiver.
Contact Intel Premier Support, if your application requires the following conditions. In this case the minimum VID required for the Stratix V receiver will be higher than what is specified in the datasheet.
- Trace length is more than 3 Gbps
- Channel loss is more than 4 dB
- Data rate is higher than 10.3125 Gbps
- Application uses backplanes or optical connectors
Did you find the information on this page useful?