1.1. New Features and Enhancements
Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software Version 22.4 includes functional and security updates. Keep your software up-to-date and follow the technical recommendations that help to improve the security of your Intel® Quartus® Prime installation.
- Added support for new Intel® Agilex™ devices. For details, refer to Changes in Device Support.
- Added new design example discovery feature that provides a single point of entry into FPGA design examples within Intel® Quartus® Prime and Platform Designer. The design examples come from various offline and online sources, including examples provided as part of your Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition installation and examples available in the FPGA Design Store.
- Added new board awareness feature in Platform Designer that enables faster design creation when targeting Intel and third-party FPGA boards. The board awareness feature provides preconfigured IP and board settings to help get your design started quickly.
- Enhanced the RTL Analyzer as follows:
- Added filtering options so that you can filter your netlist and view only a specified logic path.
- Added Expand Connections option so you can expand a selected pin and reveal the next connected node.
- Added capability to save and restore your last view when you relaunch RTL Analyzer. Changing your RTL and recompiling the project invalidates your saved view.
- Enhanced the Power and Thermal Calculator (PTC) as follows:
- Added beta support for IP Wizard to help populate the PTC with resource used by an IP. This wizard replaces the I/O-IP Page of the PTC.
- Added support for importing design hierarchies from Quartus Power Analyzer.
- Enhanced Nios V support as follows:
- Updated Ashling* RiscFree* IDE for Intel FPGA to 2022 Q4 release.
- Enhanced the Nios V example design flow by migrating example designs to the Intel FPGA Design Store.
- Enabled Zephyr RTOS for Nios V/m.
- For F-tile–based IP, added simulation support for Aldec* Active-HDL* and Aldec* Riviera-PRO* simulation tools.
- Enhanced System Console GUI with the ability to customize the workspace layout and save your customizations.
- Added Tile Assignment Editor for user-defined Dynamic Reconfiguration (DR) Group specification for F-tile designs.