1.5. Installing the Intel® HLS Compiler Pro Edition on Linux Systems
You must have administrator privileges to install the Intel® HLS Compiler Pro Edition prerequisites. However, the Intel® HLS Compiler and Intel® Quartus® Prime do not require administrator privileges to install.
To install the Intel® HLS Compiler on Linux Systems:
- Confirm that your operating system version is supported by the Intel® HLS Compiler:
- Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* 8.2
Ensure that you have the following libraries installed:
- SUSE* Linux Enterprise Server 12
- Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* 8.2
- Depending on your current system and what installation package or packages you have downloaded, you might have to complete some additional steps to prepare your installation:
- Only Intel® HLS Compiler Installation Package
If you downloaded only the the Intel® HLS Compiler installation package for upgrading (or adding) the Intel® HLS Compiler in an existing Intel® Quartus® Prime installation:
- Ensure that you have Intel® Quartus® Prime already installed.
- Take note of the path to your Intel® Quartus® Prime installation.
You need this path information to complete the Intel® HLS Compiler installation wizard.
- If you are upgrading your Intel® HLS Compiler installation, rename the existing HLS directory in your current Intel® Quartus® Prime version to keep that version as a backup.
For example, if you are installing Intel® HLS Compiler Version 22.4 into an Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Version 22.3 installation, rename /home/<username>/intelFPGA_pro/22.3/hls to /home/<username>/intelFPGA_pro/22.3/hls_old.
- Separate Intel® Quartus® Prime and Intel® HLS Compiler Installation Packages
If you are installing separately downloaded Intel® Quartus® Prime (from Individual Files tab of the Quartus Prime download page at the Download Center for FPGAs) and Intel® HLS Compiler (from Additional Software tab of the Quartus Prime download page at the Download Center for FPGAs) installation packages:
Ensure that you have both installation packages in the same directory. The Intel® Quartus® Prime installer detects the Intel® HLS Compiler installation package and installs both software packages for you.
- Combined Installation Package
- If you are installing the complete Intel® Quartus® Prime and Intel® HLS Compiler installation package (from the Combined Files tab of the Quartus Prime download page at the Download Center for FPGAs), no additional steps are needed before running the installation package.
- Install the package that you downloaded in Downloading the Intel HLS Compiler Pro Edition.
For the standalone Intel® HLS Compiler installation package, you are asked to specify the path of the destination Intel® Quartus® Prime installation.
For detailed instructions about installing Intel® Quartus® Prime software, including system requirements, prerequisites, and licensing requirements, refer to Intel® FPGA Software Installation and Licensing .
- If you use the Siemens* EDA QuestaSim* software provided with Intel® Quartus® Prime, add the path to QuestaSim* to your PATH environment variable
$ export PATH=$PATH:<quartus_installdir>/questa_fse/bin
- Optional: If you plan to use Platform Designer to integrate your component with a system, add the path to Platform Designer to your PATH environment variable.
$ export PATH=$PATH:<quartus_installdir>/qsys/bin
After completing these steps, the Intel® HLS Compiler is installed on your system. Before you can compile your component with the Intel® HLS Compiler i++ command, you must initialize your Intel® HLS Compiler environment for the i++ command to run successfully. For details, see Initializing the Intel HLS Compiler Pro Edition Environment.
Did you find the information on this page useful?