A newer version of this document is available. Customers should click here to go to the newest version.
- 5.6.2. Creating Initial Flash Image Containing Bitstreams for Factory Image and One Application Image
188.8.131.52. Updating the SDM Firmware
Depending on the configuration scheme you specify the resulting file can be in any of the following formats:
- Raw Binary File, .rbf
- Programmer Object File, .pof
- JTAG Indirect Configuration, .jic
- Raw Programming Data, .rpd
- Jam*Standard Test and Programming Language (STAPL) STAPL, .jam
- Jam* Byte Code, .jbc
For more information about the output file types, refer to the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition User Guide: Programmer.
Newer versions of the Intel® Quartus® Prime software typically include new or updated SDM features implemented in firmware. When regenerating your configuration bitstream, Intel recommends using the latest version of the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software which includes the latest firmware. You do not need to recompile your .sof to use the firmware from a newer version of the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software. You can simply regenerate your configuration bitstream with the new version of the Programming File Generator.
Did you find the information on this page useful?