2.2. Installing the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Pro Edition
In this section, you learn how to unpack the downloaded tar archive and run the installation files to install all the software and files.
To install the SDK, Intel® Quartus® Prime software, and device support files, perform the following tasks:
- Unpack the downloaded AOCL-<version>-<build>-windows.tar archive into a temporary folder.
- Run the setup_pro.bat file to install the SDK with the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software.
Note: The installer sets the environment variable INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT to point to the path of the software installation.Verify that INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT points to the current version of the software. Open a Windows command window and then type echo %INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT% at the command prompt.If the returned path does not point to the location of the SDK installation, edit the INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT setting.
For instructions on modifying environment variable settings, refer to Setting the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Pro Edition User Environment Variables.
After installing the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ , perform these steps to install the Microsoft Visual Studio* plug-in:
- Navigate to the $INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT/ide_plugins directory.
- Execute the plugins_install.bat script.
- Follow the prompts to indicate which version of the Microsoft Visual Studio* plug-in you want to install.
Did you find the information on this page useful?