Trusty* is a set of software components that support a trusted execution environment (TEE) on client devices. It originated from the Android* Open Source Project (AOSP) where a reference implementation is provided based on the Arm TrustZone*.
Trusty TEE Overview
Intel® x86 Architecture Distribution of Trusty* OS is the hardware virtualization-based Trusty solution for x86 systems from Intel. It has a fully compatible design and maximum reuse of Trusty.
The complete environment includes:
- The Trusty operating system that runs on a processor intended to provide a TEE
- Services and APIs including a little kernel (LK)
- Drivers for the Android kernel (a Linux* kernel)
- Libraries for Android software and trusted applications
- Intel® Kernel Guard Technology (Intel® KGT) hypervisor to create two virtual machines (VM) for Android and the Trusty operating system
Intel KGT on GitHub*
Trusty and the LK provide support for virtual address space and privilege isolation. They work in an event-driven model by the request from the Android world.