Intel® Homomorphic Encryption Toolkit
Homomorphic encryption (HE) revolutionizes how multiple parties interact with and share datasets for analysis.
This provides the ability to gain valuable insight with less risk of exposing sensitive data or compromising confidentiality and commercial secrets.
The Intel® Homomorphic Encryption Toolkit (Intel® HE Toolkit) is designed to provide a well-tuned software and hardware solution that boosts the performance of HE-based cloud solutions running on the latest Intel platforms. The vision is to lead the homomorphic encryption transformation by providing advanced HE technology on Intel architecture, allowing customers to gain valuable insights while protecting highly private and sensitive data.
Intel is enabling the emerging HE ecosystem by accelerating HE to meet commercial performance requirements on real-world future use cases. The toolkit has been designed as an extensible solution to take advantage of the latest Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (Intel® AVX-512) acceleration instructions. The toolkit can also be combined with future purpose-built accelerator technology.
What's Included in the Toolkit
- Intel® Homomorphic Encryption Acceleration Library (Intel® HE Acceleration Library) with optimized Intel AVX-512 implementations of lattice cryptography kernels used in HE. The functions are optimized for performance on the latest Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
- A version of Microsoft SEAL integrated with the acceleration library.
- A version of the PALISADE Homomorphic Encryption Software Library integrated with the acceleration library.
- HE samples and reference implementations:
- Micro benchmarks for basic homomorphic encryption operations
- Sample kernels that show how higher-level operations such as matrix multiplication can be implemented homomorphically
- Sample applications that show different use cases and example implementations
- Technical papers and user guide
- Works on Intel hardware platforms
- Recommended for best performance: Intel Xeon Scalable processors
Operating system: Linux Ubuntu*
Intel engineers share their insight and experiences with homomorphic encryption and the Intel HE Toolkit in these articles and presentations.
Intel® Paillier Cryptosystem Library
Introducing Intel HE Acceleration Library
Intel HE Acceleration Library Overview (Video)
Accelerate Secure Compute for the FATE Framework
Accelerate Fully Homomorphic Encryption with an Open Source FPGA Library
Your success is our success. Submit questions, problems, and other technical support issues through direct and private interaction with Intel engineers.