Explore the capabilities of your developer kit with Intel® processor and the Edge Insights for Autonomous Mobile Robots (EI for AMR) software package preinstalled.
Upon successful completion of this guide, you should be able to:
- Understand the basic software setup of the developer kit
- Run a sample wandering application that includes mapping a robot's environment using the FastMapping algorithm, as part of a simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM) implementation
- Know where to find tutorials and references to expand your knowledge of EI for AMR, including how to add your own software to the EI for AMR system
|Recommended Knowledge and Experience
You are familiar with executing Linux* commands.
Quick Start Card (included with the kit)
|The developer kit is already constructed and powered on, and you have logged in to the operating system.
How It Works
The links below provide step-by-step instructions on how to run the wandering sample application:
- Generate and maintain a representation of the robot's environment with VSLAM leveraging the depth image input of Intel® RealSense™ camera while wandering the environment and avoiding obstacles
You have now experienced autonomous mobile robotics on the developer kit with Intel® processor.
In this get started guide, we have explored a sample application that showcases autonomous robotics capabilities on Intel® architecture and introduced you to the Developer Guide to support future development.
Explore additional documentation on the Intel® Edge Insights for Autonomous Mobile Robots documentation page with technical references, tutorials, Get Started Guides, and more.
- Create interoperable custom Docker* containers containing your own software, or customize provided Docker* images using the EI for AMR SDK.
- Learn how to use ROS 2 simuilations inside pre-built Docker* containers. Robot sensing and navigation can be tested in these simulated environments.
For software updates, interoperable edge server components, and documentation, visit the developer pages for Edge Insights for Autonomous Mobile Robots (EI for AMR).
Troubleshooting, Support, and Additional Information
For troubleshooting or additional help regarding your developer kit, refer to the manufacturer’s product manual.
Intel® Edge Software Hub and EI for AMR Support: