This document provides the information on the system requirements for Intel® SoC Watch for oneAPI. Intel SoC Watch is available in Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit as a part of Intel® VTune™ Profiler.
|Date||Version||Major Change Summary|
Added support for Intel platform code named Alder Lake and Intel discrete
Added support for Intel platforms code named Rocket Lake and Tiger Lake-H.
General enhancements and third-party library updates.
|Sep. 2021||2021.2||Enhanced WakeupAnalysis report with idle time per process.
Improved ia-throt-rsn support when Windows* OS secure modes are
|Jun. 2021||2021.1||Added System Name, Operating System name, kernel number, GUID to PMT description to the top of the summary and trace report. Update socwatch driver for Linux kernel 5.12 (SFI API was removed)|
|Mar. 2021||2020.5||Included in Intel VTune Profiler 2021.2. Changed hw-cpu-pstate to report frequencies per thread rather than per
core. Added term integrated to hw-igfx-cstate and hw-igfx-pstate report titles.
|Nov. 2020||2020.4||Initial Release|
Supported Target Operating Systems
Intel® oneAPI 2022.3 is validated on Windows and Linux.
- Windows Intel® Graphics Driver, see this article for instructions to download and install.
- Linux General Purpose Intel GPUs (GPGPU) Driver, see this article. Click the one labeled 20220830 for instructions to download and install.
Support for macOS 10 is deprecated. oneAPI 2022.1 is the last supported release.
- Linux Kernel version needs to be 2.6.32 or later.
- GNU C Library version must be GLIBC_2.17 or later.
- KERNEL_CONFIG_TRACEPOINTS must be enabled.
- Kernel should be compiled with "CONFIG_MODULES" enabled.
- Kernel config CONFIG_X86_SFI_CPUFREQ or CONFIG_X86_ACPI_CPUFREQ must be enabled (i.e. set
to 'y' or 'm').
- One of these pstate drivers must be utilized: sfi-cpufreq, acpi-cpufreq, or intel_pstate. To determine which driver is loaded, check the sysfs /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_driver file.
- If one of these pstate drivers is not loaded, the kernel needs to be reconfigured and recompiled.
- Kernel config CONFIG_TIMER_STATS must be enabled.
- Kernel config CONFIG_INTEL_IDLE must be enabled and the intel_idle kernel module has to support the core of the target platform.
- To determine if the intel_idle kernel module is loaded, check the sysfs /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpuidle/current_driver file. It must equal intel_idle. If it equals acpi_idle, only C0 and C1 will be usedby the core.
- Windows* 10, 11
- Using Microsoft’s Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2) in Windows 10 and Windows 11, you can install the native Linux distribution of Intel oneAPI toolkits and libraries on Windows for CPU and GPU workflows. Details here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/technical/use-oneapi-toolkits-on-wsl-2.html
- Chrome OS*, macOS*, Android*, QNX*
Supported Target Hardware Platforms
- (Deprecated)Intel® Pentium® Processor J/N Series
- (Deprecated)Intel® Celeron® Processor J/N Series
- 5th/6th/7th/8th/9th/10th Generation Intel® Core™ i3/5/7 Processors
- 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors with Intel® C620 Series Chipsets
- Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors with Intel® C620 Series Chipsets
- Intel® Arc™ Graphics
- Intel® oneAPI Toolkits 2022.1.3 and earlier and Intel® Parallel Studio XE (any version) do not support Microsoft Visual Studio 2022. On systems with Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 installed, Intel® oneAPI and Intel® Parallel Studio XE installers may fail during installation, upgrade, modification, or uninstallation. Refer to this article for more information.
- YUM/DNF and ZYPPER Packages oneAPI 2021.1 Gold (Initial Release) issue will Prevent Upgrades
Previous oneAPI Releases
Notices and Disclaimers
Intel technologies may require enabled hardware, software or service activation.
No product or component can be absolutely secure.
Your costs and results may vary.
© Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
No license (express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise) to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document.
The products described may contain design defects or errors known as errata which may cause the product to deviate from published specifications. Current characterized errata are available on request.
Intel disclaims all express and implied warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, as well as any warranty arising from course of performance, course of dealing, or usage in trade.
Product and Performance Information
Performance varies by use, configuration and other factors. Learn more at www.Intel.com/PerformanceIndex.