This document provides details about hardware, operating system, and software prerequisites for the Intel® Distribution for GDB*.
Supported Host Operating Systems
The following distributions are supported.
- Linux*: Ubuntu* 18.x, 20.04, CentOS* 8, Fedora* 34, SLES 15 (all 64-bit extended)
- Linux* kernel 4.15 or higher for GPU debugging
- Dynamic Kernel Module Support (DKMS)
- Windows* 10, 64-bit
- Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit installation
- Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit installation for OpenMP
- Microsoft Visual Studio* 2017 or 2019
Supported Target Hardware Platforms
- Intel® Core™ Processor family
- Intel® Xeon® Processor family
- Intel® Xeon® Scalable Performance processors
- GPU Linux: Intel® HD Graphics Gen9 or higher, Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics
- GPU Windows: Intel® HD Graphics Gen9
- FPGA: Emulation device only.
For Linux* users
- GNU* GCC* v5.1 or higher
For Windows* users
- For GPU development, the following GPU drivers are required:
- Eclipse v4.9 or above
- Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools (CDT) 9.3 or above
Microsoft* Visual Studio
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and 2019
Visual Studio Code (VS Code) Extensions for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits
The VS Code extensions for oneAPI Toolkits provide assistance to developers who are creating, debugging and profiling oneAPI applications. The Using Visual Studio Code with Intel® oneAPI Toolkits User Guide provides additional detail.
The following VS Code extensions are available in the VS Code marketplace:
- Sample Browser for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits
- Environment Configurator for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits
- Analysis Configurator for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits
- GDB GPU Support for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits
- DevCloud Connector for Intel® oneAPI Toolkits
- Get Started with Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit for Linux
- Get Started with Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit for Windows
Notices and Disclaimers
Intel technologies may require enabled hardware, software or service activation.
No product or component can be absolutely secure.
Your costs and results may vary.
© Intel Corporation. Intel, the Intel logo, and other Intel marks are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
No license (express or implied, by estoppel or otherwise) to any intellectual property rights is granted by this document.
The products described may contain design defects or errors known as errata which may cause the product to deviate from published specifications. Current characterized errata are available on request.
Intel disclaims all express and implied warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, as well as any warranty arising from course of performance, course of dealing, or usage in trade.