Troubleshooting Application Crashes
- A bug that can cause the application to crash while running without theIntel Inspectorcan cause the application to crash while running with theIntel Inspector.
- A bug that does not manifest itself and does not cause the application to crash while running without theIntel Inspectormay manifest itself and cause the application to crash while running with theIntel Inspectorbecause of parallel non-deterministic scheduling or techniques used to detect incorrect memory accesses.
Possible Correction Strategies
- Use a conventional debugger to debug the crash.
- Run a memory error analysis to help debug memory-related crashes before running a threading error analysis.
- If the application crashes during analysis and theIntel Inspectorreports errors before the application crashes, interpret the result data to determine if any of the reported errors caused the crash. A likely culprit should be near the bottom of theCollection Logpane.
- Contact the Intel Customer Support team by email. Include a description of the steps leading up to the problem, the generated problem report, and the corresponding result directory.