Launch Application for Analysis
Choose the App Launching Mode
- Automatic detection of a launched app: Connect to an already running application using theAuto-detect Launched Applicationsoption of the Graphics Monitor.This mode is recommended for applications launched from game platforms (Steam*, Origin*, Epic Games*, and others) and IDEs (Visual Studio*, Unreal Editor*, and others).
- Ubuntu* only: Launch OpenGL* desktop applications using command line.
Choose Local or Network Usage Mode
- In the local mode, your target application and Intel® GPA tools run on the same system.
- In the network mode, the target application runs on a remote system. The performance metrics are tracked on the system where the application runs, while the analysis system collects and displays the received data.
- System analysis with the HUD. This lightweight tool does not have significant performance impact.
- Frame analysis on high-performance systems.
- Trace analysis.
- System analysis with the System Analyzer. Running the System Analyzer on a separate system provides the following benefits:
If you choose to run system analysis locally, use the HUD to avoid the performance impact.
- Both the System Analyzer and the application can be viewed full-screen on their respective systems.
- The accuracy of the measurements is not affected. When both the System Analyzer and the application run on the same system, System Analyzer requires CPU and GPU cycles, which can affect the target application performance and alter the accuracy of the measurements.
- With System Analyzer, you can connect to multiple hosts and profile multiple applications simultaneously.
- Frame analysis if you analyze very complex workloads or target low-performance systems, such as netbooks or Ultrabook™ devices. In this case, it is recommended that you run the analysis in the network mode, with the Intel® GPA tools running on a 64-bit system with at least 4 GB of memory.
- If the target system hibernates, the connection to the Graphics Monitor is aborted.
- If the target system goes to the power saving mode or the screen saver starts, you can get incorrect data. To get accurate measurements, restart the Graphics Monitor and the Graphics Frame Analyzer/Graphics Trace Analyzer.