Intel® Advisor Tutorial for Adding Efficient SIMD Parallelism to C++ Code Using the
Vectorization Advisor for
- Vectorization Advisoris a vectorization optimization tool that lets you identify high-impact, underoptimized loops, what is blocking vectorization, and where it is safe to force vectorization. It also provides code-specific how-can-I-fix-this-issue recommendations.
- Roofline Analysisvisualizes actual performance against hardware-imposed performance ceilings (rooflines). It provides insights into where the bottlenecks are, which loops are worth optimizing for performance, what are the likely causes of bottlenecks and what should be the next optimization steps.
- Threading Advisoris a fast-track threading design and prototyping tool that lets you analyze, design, tune, and check threading design options without disrupting your normal development.
- is a modeling tool that lets you to identify high-impact opportunities to offload to GPU as well as the areas that are not advantageous to offload.Offload Modeling
- Flow Graph Analyzeris a visual prototyping tool that lets you represent and analyze performance for applications that use theIntel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocksflow graph interfaces.
About This Tutorial
This tutorial shows how to:
Compilations and analyses were run using a 2018 version of an Intel compiler on an Intel® Core™ i5-6300U CPU with 4 logical CPUs.
After you complete this tutorial, you should be able to:
The concepts and procedures in this tutorial apply regardless of programming language; however, a similar tutorial using a sample application in another programming language may be available at Intel® Advisor Tutorials.
For other Intel® Software documentation and resources, see Intel® Software Documentation Library.
In addition, you can find more resources in: