Power Distribution Network
Due to a Microsoft security update, users may experience one of the following symptoms when using the PDN tool:
- Buttons do not work.
- A run-time error: "Object doesn't support this property or method" appears after opening the PDN tool.
Microsoft has released an update to fix this issue, please go to the corresponding Microsoft Support Page based on your Excel version:
If the above update does not fix the issue, or if you do not have access to these updates, try the following workarounds:
- Reboot the computer if you've installed the above update.
- Close all Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Open a Windows Explorer, and enter "%temp%" (without quotes) into the address bar.
- Press "Ctrl" + "F" and enter ".exd" (without quotes) into the search box.
- If any files with the extension ".exd" are found, select and delete ALL found files.
- Next, enter "%appdata%" (without quotes) into the address bar. Again, press "Ctrl" + "F" and search for ".exd", and delete ALL found files.
- Reopen the PDN tool.
If the issues remain, follow these steps:
- Open the PDN tool, go to "File" -> "Info" -> "Compatibility Mode" and click the "Convert" button.
- If a pop-up appears, click "OK" to proceed with conversion, and then click "Yes" to reopen the workbook The previous steps convert the original ".xls" PDN file into a ".xlsm" file. The newly created file should not exhibit the original issue.
Microsoft's description for this issue can be found at: https://support.microsoft.com/kb/2726958
Due to the Excel 2013 stability issue, Excel 2013 may crash when you open the EPE, and an error "Excel has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" appears.
To solve the problem, please install the Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack.
You can also find more information about this update on the Microsoft Support web page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2817430/