You can save the pin state information in the .ips into the .pof to avoid requiring two files. To save the pin state information from the .ips file to the .pof file, follow these steps:
1. In the Quartus Prime Programmer, add the .pof file.
2. Right click at the .pof file and choose Add IPS File to add the .ips file.
3. After adding the .ips file, turn on the ISC CLAMP check box in the programmer.
4. From File menu select Save As.
5. Specify the file name and save as Chain Description File (.cdf).
Every time when you open the .cdf file, this will include both the .pof and .ips file together. Then you can program the MAX II or MAX V device in ISP clamp mode.