Due to a problem in the SoC EDS software version 16.0 and later, u-boot-socfpga may fail to boot for Arria® 10 SoC designs when:
- External FPGA Configuration is selected in BSP-Editor / u-boot-socfpga
- There is no External Memory Interface (EMIF) connected to the HPS
To work around this problem in u-boot-socfpga boot loaders generated from the SoC EDS software version 16.0, download and apply the u-boot-socfpga_arria10_sdram.patch.
The patch makes changes to uboot-socfpga/arch/arm/cpu/armv7/socfpga_arria10/sdram.c, adding a #define for the non-existence of an external memory interface.
To apply the patch
- Copy the .patch file to the uboot-socfpga directory created when make was run from your bsp-editor generated BSP (software/<bsp name>/uboot-socfpga)
- git apply <filename>.patch
- Move to the bsp directory: cd ..
- Rebuild u-boot: make clean; make
- Write the updated uboot_w_dtb-mkpimage.bin to your sdcard / QSPI