- Add an input pin to the config_controller design located in the <Nios II install directory>\examples\<HDL>\<development board>\EPM7128_flash_config_controller directory.
- Assign the new input pin to location 35 on the EPM7128 device.
- Recompile the design in the Quartus® II tool. The EPM7128 device will now tri-state its connection to the flash's RY/BY pin.
- Program the EPM7128 device on the Stratix II board with the POF file generated in the above step.
- Open the Quartus II design which you are targeting to the Stratix II board.
- Go to the Assignment Editor and add the "Weak Pull-up Resistor" option for the RY/BY pin.
After performing the above steps you can access the RY/BY output of the flash in your Stratix II design.