You are not able to perform bonded mode dynamic reconfiguration following instructions in AN 558: Implementing Dynamic Reconfiguration in Arria® II GX devices due to some missing steps.
To switch between bonded functional protocols , perform the following steps:
- Channel reconfiguration w/ TX PLL select
- CMU reconfiguration
- Central Control Unit reconfiguration.
You can also combine the first two steps and use Channel and CMU reconfiguration instead.
For example, you have a design where you will use CMU 0 for XAUI x4 bonded mode and CMU 1 for Basic x4 bonded mode on a transceiver block. When you switch from XAUI x4 to Basic x4, you will perform the following:
- Channel reconfiguration w/ Tx PLL select to reconfigure channels from XAUI to BASIC and switch from CMU 0 to CMU 1
- CMU reconfiguration to reconfig the CMU clock divider
- Central control unit reconfiguration to reconfig PCS logic for bonded mode operations
This information will be updated in future revision of AN 558.