Description Cyclone FPGAs can recieve compressed configuration data and decompress this data on the fly during configuration. This feature is enabled by generating a compressed configuration bitstream/programming file from the Quartus® II versions 2.2 SP1 and higher.
There are two ways to enable compression in Cyclone:
- Under Assignments -> Device -> Device & Pin Options -> General Tab, enable the check box for Generate compressed bitstream.
- An alternative method is to:
- Open File -> Convert Programming Files
- Select a Serial Config device (EPCS1 or EPCS4)
- Select Add File and add Cyclone SOF file
- Select the name of file you added and click on Properties
- Enable the Compression check box