In bonded mode configurations that use the rate matcher block (PCIe or XAUI), coreclkout is used. However bonded mode configurations that do not use the rate match block require that each independent rx_clkout be used.
Quartus® II incorrectly continues to use coreclkout for the non rate matched configuration, hence data is corrupted.
Examples of un-supported dynamic reconfiguration modes include:
- PCIe x4 <-> Basic mode without rate matcher.
- Basic mode with rate matcher <-> Basic mode without rate matcher
Possible workarounds are:
- Ensure all reconfiguration modes use rate matching, then use coreclkout for all modes.
- If using XAUI, use the soft XAUI PCS, then independent rx_clkout can be used for each channel.
Examples of supported dynamic reconfiguration modes are:
- PCIe x4 <-> XAUI x4
- Basic mode with rate matcher <-> Basic mode with rate matcher
- Basic mode without rate matcher <-> Basic mode without rate matcher