This section contains steps to install the heat sink included with the board. As an alternative, you can install a fan to cool the CPU; we recommend the Sunon* fan, Model# MC30100V2-000U-A99 available from Digikey.
- Take the Intel® Joule™ Expansion Board and place it right side up on the table in front of you, with the USB ports and power barrel facing toward you. The Intel logo should be right side up and visible.
- Pick up the black adapter frame. The triangular side should point to the right, with the plastic brackets protruding down from the bottom of the frame. These plastic brackets will snap into place around the silver thermal shield on the Intel® Joule™ Expansion Board.
Place the adapter frame on the silver thermal shield, lining it up with the left edge of the thermal shield.
- Gently press down on the adapter frame. The plastic brackets on the bottom of the adapter frame should snap securely into place around the left, top, and bottom sides of the thermal shield, as shown in the image below.
- Once the adapter is in place, pick up the heat sink and place it gently inside the adapter's square frame. The fins should run horizontally, from left to right.
There will be some slight wiggle room between the heat sink and the edges of the adapter frame; this is by design.
- Take the wire strap, with the hooked end facing left. Place it over the two middle fins of the heat sink.
- On the left side of the board, slide the hooked ends of the wire strap down through the rectangular slot on the adapter frame. Make sure the hooks wrap down neatly under the adapter frame.
- On the right side of the adapter frame, take the looped end of the wire strap. Gently press down on the end of the wire strap until the loop snaps securely into place under the small tab on the right edge of the adapter frame.
The heat sink is now installed on the board.
|View the Intel® Joule™ Compute Module product detail page|
|View more Intel® Joule™ Compute Module documents|
|View more Intel® Joule™ Compute Module FAQs|