Complete steps on how to perform cold reboot for laptops and desktops equipped with Intel Bluetooth® or Wireless (Wi-Fi) Devices
Cold reboot is part of the troubleshooting steps in resolving errors with Intel Bluetooth® or Wireless (Wi-Fi) Devices.
Laptop cold reboot with removable battery
- Turn off the laptop, and unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect any peripheral devices then remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.
- Remove the battery from the computer.
- With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for approximately 15 seconds.
- After you drain the capacitors, re-insert the battery, then plug in the power cord. Leave peripheral devices disconnected.
- Turn on the laptop.
Laptop cold reboot with a non-removable battery
- Turn off the laptop.
- Disconnect the AC adapter.
- Disconnect all nonessential peripheral devices, such as printers, scanners, external hard drives, and USB flash drives.
- With the AC adapter unplugged, press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the AC adapter then turn on the computer.
Desktop cold reboot
- Turn off the computer.
- Unplug all the cables from the back of the computer.
- Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then release it to discharge remaining power. Clearing the CMOS battery is optional.
- Reconnect all cables back again and turn on your computer.